Had a weekend away from the city to lift up our spirits as a team. A much needed break from the hustle bustle to recharge, reflect, and reenergize.
We went to the mountains and when we got there it was such a nice change of pace. Arrived at 8 AM, we were greeted by the cool weather and warm morning sunshine. We started immediately on preparing our first lunch as a family. What other way to recharge than to spend some quality time surrounded by friends and good food.
Make Your Own:
Spaghetti Napolitan and Meatballs (With a vegetarian option)
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Salt & Pepper
- Boil spaghetti in a big pot, be generous with the salt.
- Cut cherry tomatoes and put in a blender (Be sure not to over blend them)
- Sautee minced garlic in a pan until golden
- Put in chopped mushroom and stir until cooked
- Put in blended cherry tomatoes, add sugar salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle a generous amount of oregano and stir sauce in low heat
- Take cooked spaghetti, drain them, and stir together with cooked sauce
- Turn off heat
- Sprinkle additional basil and cheese to taste
- Minced Beef/Mince Mushroom (Vegetarian Option)
- Minced Mushroom
- Salt & Pepper
- Nutmeg Powder
- Chop onions and sautee them until golden brown
- Mix cooked onions with all other ingredients with the minced meat (breadcrumbs, minced mushroom, eggs, salt & pepper, nutmeg powder) by hand
- The fun part: take the mixed ingredients by hand and roll them into bite-sized balls
- Pan fry meatballs in hot butter until golden brown (half-cook)
- Put fried meatballs in 180C for 8 minutes
- Served with spaghetti napolitan
The second day is all about reflection. Today we focus on our health and well being, sparing time to work and discuss the upcoming International Women’s Day. The women behind IMAJI studio sat together in an hour long heart to heart talking about what being a strong meant to each of them and what issues need to be highlighted in this particular day. The men in IMAJI Studio joined in the conversation and voiced their support for equal gender rights. Having an honest conversation is our way of supporting one another and creating healthy dynamics in a team.
It was such a bright and sunny morning on our last day of getaway. Fresh air with a good cup of coffee and colorful breakfast is a way to start our last day.
Three days were short-lived but much has been gained. Quality time as a team is an important culture in IMAJI Studio, what we do is stemmed in our passion. It is important we lead this creative energy with good intentions. From work to life balanced.